Clear all

OMG Worst I've ever seen and personally done

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I had a gig at this fairgrounds and the stage was powered by a GENERATOR. I was so afraid to plug in my equipment because i tested the outlets and it was getting surges not steady power. I eventually got the gonads enough to hook it all up. it was a 8000 watt generator. I could not get enough power i was so afraid of ruining my equipment but I had to play the gig couldn't just stop. I have a total of 5000W of power not to mention the two or three guitar amps.

There was not enough power to get a good sound it was audible but muddy and i couldn't get it clear when my singer would go high it would distort. This has got to be the worst i've ever ran sound and I will NEVER run sound again when there is a generator, unless powered by some 13,000 Kilo watt generator. Next time I will call the guy myself and find out where the power source comes from.

Happy Ending, my rig is fine because I set it all up at my house to check it out and it still rocks.

Any other experiences like this??

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

leear

I have never personally had to run off a generator, but I've heard lots of horror stories. I have heard of gear being damaged, so glad everything came out well.

It's Rock N Roll. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@a-better-half)

My old band played in a field once using a generator to power everything. Other than the P.A. cutting out halfway through our best song (which I think was unrelated to the generator, as everything else kept going fine), we had no problems. Except that when we left to go home we left a bag full of patch cables, mics, and effects pedals that was worth a few hundred dollars there and never saw it again. I'll blame that one on the generator.

ReplyQuote