Notifications
Clear all

Pro Co RAT 2 Pedal

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dafyuk)
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm new here so not sure if this post is going in the right place but ah well. Anyway my question regards the Pro Co Rat2 pedal. I recently purchased it and I've got a few other pedals (mostly boss) that i'm running with a daisy link chain from the boss TU-2. Anyway, the plug socket in the back of the RAT isn't the same as the one's in the BOSS and preferably id like to power the RAT via the boss daisy chain. Does anyone know if this is possible and how would i go about doing it, if there's any converter I can buy or something?

Many thanks and any response is much appreciated, Jeff.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, I don't know about the modern Rats, but I own an old 80's model and the jack is positive center, I'm pretty sure that's what you are referring to. Yes, they do sell an adapter that converts negative center to positive center, you might be able to pick one up at an electronics store like Radio Shack. I also have the Boss TU-2, the daisy chain feature is great, but I use a One Spot to power 9 pedals in all. The pack came with two of the adapters that converts the polarity, plus several other types of adapter like the 9V battery.

Visual Sound One Spot Combo Pack

Little expensive, but it's a great power source, no noise whatsoever for me.

Here is the adapter that reverses polarity.

One Spot Converter

This is the adapter that comes with the Combo Pack, this works perfect with my Rat pedal.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dafyuk)
Topic starter  

Cheers, looks like that'll do the trick. It doesn't add any noise to the sound does it?

P.S. is it this? http://www.dv247.com/invt/49274/

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yep, that's it.

By the way, I forgot to say Welcome to Guitar Noise! :D

And no, my One Spot does not cause noise or hum. The only pedal I use that gives me any noise problems is a Boss DS-1, and only if I go up maybe 2/3rd or more on the gain. But it is the pedal, not my power source.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dafyuk)
Topic starter  

haha, my rat is the replacement for the ds-1, i really didn't take a liking to that pedal. anyway thanks alot for your help. i know where to come if i've got any other problems!

ReplyQuote