Quiet cry baby

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

G'Day again!
I've been reluctant in using my old cry-baby lately because no matter what position in the signal path, or even when through the effects loop, it seems to go really quiet when it's activated & you can only really hear the highs. No idea how old it is (very, I think) its a wah & octavio by jim dunlop. Any idea of a quick fix or should I just bin it & get another wah?

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't know a quick fix, but it's fixable by someone who can trace the circuit, apply troubleshooting principles and figure out what's wrong. If you bin it, toss it to some wirehead who can mess with it and fix it or at least use it for spare parts. Somewhere there'll be a page with troubleshooting tips. I'd start looking at: http://geofex.com/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cheers dude, it's a bit of a toss-up becasue both options will cost about the same I'd reckon.

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

My Dunlop crybaby seems more dynamic with a greater variety of tones sometimes. I'll have to keep looking into the situation, but I am thinking it has to do with the different guitars I use (different pickups and electronics) and different effects setups.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote