Clear all

Rate my tone

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leadfootdriver)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey people. I'm, new to the group, and would like to share some of my music with you.  

I'd be happy to get any feedback at all on my playing.

This is Claim Station
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=7470  

Check my 7 String Clips at GUITAR NINE.COM!
MICKROCKS.COM!

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

This just my opinion:
I had fun playing around. always good to expand the horizons with something new.

The tone sounds great fine. I'll try to explain what I was thinking as I playing along.

Friday night.. I would of liked to hear the lead a little more pronounced.  Just a thought on the rhythm, pull it back a little and maybe overdub it, using two channels and pan one left and one right. To give it a wider sound but not over powering the song.

JJ Tube.. Experiment with a compressor on the clean guitar. I guess I just like a clean guitar sounding tight being compressed. just my taste when it comes to clean sounding guitar.

Olaf Krampe.. Vocals could be a tad louder, seemed to me they were being over powered.

Slam swing.. Was thinking to busy jaming forgot to write down any crib notes...LOL

If this was what your asking, then this was my thoughts.

Keep up the good work.
Joe

ReplyQuote
(@leadfootdriver)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This just my opinion:
I had fun playing around. always good to expand the horizons with something new.

The tone sounds great fine. I'll try to explain what I was thinking as I playing along.

Friday night.. I would of liked to hear the lead a little more pronounced.  Just a thought on the rhythm, pull it back a little and maybe overdub it, using two channels and pan one left and one right. To give it a wider sound but not over powering the song.

JJ Tube.. Experiment with a compressor on the clean guitar. I guess I just like a clean guitar sounding tight being compressed. just my taste when it comes to clean sounding guitar.

Olaf Krampe.. Vocals could be a tad louder, seemed to me they were being over powered.

Slam swing.. Was thinking to busy jaming forgot to write down any crib notes...LOL

If this was what your asking, then this was my thoughts.

Keep up the good work.
Joe

Cool. A real critique. I'm glad you took the time to listen to all my cuts on the Lizard. Thanks a lot!

Let me give some of the cuts a little background...

Friday Night was a 4 track recording, and was when I first got a set of mics. (the direct stuff is worse!) So, I recorded stereo drum machine, and then 1 lead, and 1 rhythm. This was when I was still learning how to record. So I don't blame you if you didn't like the tone on there, because I use a different piece as my amp, which should be eveident on the rest of the pieces.

I'm fine with the JJ clip sound, but I respect your opinion. However, that piece isn't even done, as it was meant to be a vocal piece. But being the way musicians, and the music scene is, it never made it that far. So what I did was threw together a melody, and worked out the solo section, so I could post it on another forum as a tone sample.

The Olaf song was a goof I did for another forumite in Germany (I think). He was unhappy with his soloing, and posted the stereo backing track for anyone to take a stab at it. So I did. The vocals need more compression, because the're only clear on the chorus'. Plus, his rhythm guitar track was a mono track, and was so low in the mix, that I learned, and recorded a stereo rhythm to give the song a little more beef, like you sugested for Friday Night !(I have more tracks now!) So the mix I did was a comprimise of what I had to work with. But if I had all the tracks, I'd have a nicer re-mix!

Slam Swing was recorded in the same manner as Claim Station, so if you liked the sound of one, you'd probably like the other. Although I purposely only recorded 1 rhythm track in Slam Swing, because I wanted to give the impression that it could be played live. However, looking back, I should of just did a stereo rhythm!!!

Thanks again!
Mick

Check my 7 String Clips at GUITAR NINE.COM!
MICKROCKS.COM!

ReplyQuote