Clear all

Regular Wah for Bass???

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a friend(who plays bass) that wants to try out my wah pedal. The only thing is...he's worried that it wont be good to run a bass through a regular wah. My  theory is that it would be perfectly fine except it may not sound all that great.

Am I right?

Gun control is using both hands!!!

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I just tried it on my 30 watt Crate practice amp and it seemed to work fine at lower volume.  I turned it up a bit and got a little shorting out sound.  I don't know enough to know if that was clipping or maybe a bad connection.  I know I have a bad pot on my Peavey Fury IV, don't know if that had any effect/affect, although I was not messing with the pot.  I used my dunlop crybaby and minimal gain, with no effects coming from the amp's resources ( it is one of those cubase that has effects built in).  I then unplugged the crybaby from the bass and plugged it back up to my guitar set up and it worked fine.  I'm sure there are more knowledgable out there than me, so ya may wish to wait for their response.  

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote