Score!!!

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I just found an old TS-9 at a local shop around here and had to buy it! - $65 :shock: They go for double that from the research I've done.

It sounds a LOT better than the TS5 I have. I'm not sure about the whole re-issue business, but this thing is really old with a serial # under 10,000 if that means anything. I don't think it's a re-issue though, not sure.

Looks just like this -

I also bought a Danelectro Fish & Chip 7 band EQ, finally (@ 1999 I think, not that that matters)! It's a small little thing. I've been looking for a used one because GC doesn't carry Danelectro products anymore (and I don't like buying stuff over the .net)

So today was a GREAT day for me! :D

Everybody sing! Merry early Christmas……. To ME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

8) If you see a second one...

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Buy it of course! :roll: That was a silly question. :lol:

Man, this Fish 'n' Chips ROCKS!!!!!! Been messin' around with everything and I thought I finally found my tone with my TS5 and others. Was I wrong! Between the TS9 and EQ, I'm in TONE HEAVEN!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Off to play............. :twisted:

Edit-

Here are some pic's for those who like them.

The TS5 is the un-plugged black one at the bottom.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Belated early merry Christmas to you.. Better late than never :D

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Mike

So sorry to get to this late. How I missed it I don't know.

But you told me in your post on my new bridge. :D

Heh, the TS9 Tubescreamer. No other overdrive pedal gets as great reviews as this. One of these days (when I'm rich), I'm gonna get one.

The little Dano Fish and Chips is good too. Great for the price.

Here's a little secret on the Fish and Chips. If you ever get a high pitched squeal when the highs are pushed up, it simply means your battery is getting low. There is nothing wrong with the pedal at all.

Congrats. You must be getting some great tone now.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, and thank you Wes for the tip on the EQ!

I know, it was cheap advertising in the other thread. I should be ashamed of myself! :oops:

But it worked! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I haven't started looking at any pedals yet. Wouldn't know a good deal if I was playing one. :oops: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Mike , how does the digitech works...i have been thinking over this..?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Rahul,

The DigiTech has 120 pre-sets, but I only use around 10 or so. It also has an "Angus Young" setting that sounds really good. I bought the RP200 because it has the pedal, but the wah wah is nothing to write home about. The pedal also controls the amount of volume and distortion in some settings.

All in all, I don't think it's a bad pedal for $150, but when I end up being on stage, I'll use individual stomp boxs. It's nice to have a bunch of setting though to see what type of sound you like then from there you can buy an individual pedal to put in your chain.

Mike

Edit-

The RP200 also has a built in drum machine which is nice to jam along to and a built in tuner, but I never use the tuner (don't like that very much either).

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

I got my rp hooked up to pedals too. Until i get a drum machine.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Enjoy it, Mike.

I had an original TS9 once. One day it went kaput, so I took it apart and never got around to finishing fixing it (bad switching FET or similar, don't remember exactly). Last year I looked at it sitting there in pieces, making me feel guilty for not "giving it attention." Then I sent it on a dumpster holiday. May yours last longer than mine -- and play out more as well.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Greg. :D

I wish you would have said something before you threw yours out. I would have took it off your hands and tried to referb it. Oh well, may it rest in peace.

Edit- :(

Mike

ReplyQuote