Clear all

soldano experiences

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davem)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm getting the itch to get another amp. I've been considering the Soldano from a few online reviews and they seem like good amps. Anyone here have experience using or playing through one? Or does anyone have one used that they want to sell?

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dave

I don't personally know about these amps.

I posted an article about a week ago that had some interesting information on these as well as other amps.

Guitar Amp Evolution

It certainly looks as though these are high gain amps.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Wes,

Your post is what intrigued me about them. I was considering getting a vintage marshall 50 watt head but the soldano caught my eye. And I've read a few online articles about them. They seem like solid amps. Just need to hear from people that have them.

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dave

Well, here is a lot more reading for you. The reviews on Harmony Central.

I think when reading reviews you have to consider a few things. You have to get a feel for the type of player the reviewer is. You know, what style of music they play, and how long they've been playing.

Some people will rate an amp all 10's because they don't know any better.

Some people will rate an amp all 1's. These are the type that always complain at restaurants that their steak is too tough, or too rare, or overcooked, or their lettuce isn't crisp, or there's not enough ice in their drink etc...... You get the idea.

There is no perfect amp that will do it all. Marshalls get great distortion, but their clean is OK. Fenders get great clean, but they are not for Metal without a pedal (except maybe the Cyber amps).

Sorry, I am rambling. Here's the link.

Soldano Amps

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wes,

I read all those reviews. You're right, you have to take some of these online reviews with a grain of salt and try to read between the lines. Of course everyone has an opinion and trying to filter them out can be difficult, to say the least. One of the problems with only a few people doing the review is that one bad comment will definitely skew the results.

I already have a fender and love the clean sound. Not too thrilled with the distortion though and want some crunch. I want to stay with tubes. My next step will be to go try them out. I'm more classic rock than metal. I guess I'm a two amp guy because I love both the clean and crunch and I know there is no perfect amp for both applications. Why doesn't my wife understand that? I guess she'll always think I'm crazy! LOL

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dave- Hi, Sweetheart! Here's some flowers! And don't bother cooking anything, I'm taking you out for dinner tonight!

Dave's Wife- Thanks Dear, but I don't understand? What's the occasion?

Dave- Can't talk now Hon, I've got to get my new $2500 Soldano amp out of the car.

Dave's Wife- What!?! :shock:

I understand all too well. :wink:

Wes

ReplyQuote