Clear all

ValveTronix and Pod XT

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rice33)
Topic starter  

Hello,

This is not your usual question of which is better but can anyone answer the following question.

Why if the valvetronix is in manual mode and set to clean channel can I not run my pod through it just like any other amp? All that happens is the pods clean patch sounds like a crunch patch or I can not get a decent level feed. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hello,
This is not your usual question of which is better but can anyone answer the following question.

Why if the valvetronix is in manual mode and set to clean channel can I not run my pod through it just like any other amp? All that happens is the pods clean patch sounds like a crunch patch or I can not get a decent level feed. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

You're running a multi-effects into into another multi-effects?

Signal mismatch.

Both are expecting guitar level input. The second one in the chain is getting a far stronger signal than it was intended or designed to get. Kinda like running a booster pedal into a tube amp. After a certain amount of boost, the input is overloaded and distorts the signal.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@rice33)
Topic starter  

Got it working fine. The valvetronix is meant to work like a normal amp if you put it in manual/bypass mode but it doesn't quite seem to be the case. None the less with a bit of fiddling I got it working fine! Thnaks!

ReplyQuote