Clear all

VHT and MESA

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

is anyone familiar with VHT amps?? ive been looking into mesas for a while and i came across VHT. supposedly a very high quality amp. anyone know them or played them? also, anyone here play MESA???

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

My limited experience with VHT's has been very positive. From what I have gathered they sound pretty similar to a Mesa, and are supposedly built with just as high of standards.

Previously, it was pretty tricky to find them around, and then suddenly my local GC started carrying a small line of them. Their full stack sounded very respectable.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hmm..interesting. so they sound like mesas. thats cool... anybody on the forum play MESA?

Forrok, do u have any experience w. mesa??

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

I looked into mesas extensively before buying my blue voodoo stack and they were very disapointing. I say disapointing becuase from what I heard, mesas were built like tanks, and here I go into a store to try a Mesa Dual Rectifier trem o verb and the tremolo and verb effects were broken. So i try the mark IV, it was neat but there were too many buttons for my tastes. So, if you want one, definetly try them out before hand, becuase my experience has not been very positive. I have friend who plays mesas and he loves em.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

as far as 95% of the reviews on harmony central their mesas never break down...true ive heard that complaint about the mark4, its very complex. as far as the tremoverb, u prolly just had a bad apple that people messed around wiht at the store.

ReplyQuote