Behringer X-V amp

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi yall,

I got this baby for christmas, and its a lot of fun and very cool to use. Just wondered if any of you guys use this, basically the floor user/ foot switchable version of the V-amp, and had any suggestions on cool patches? i just dont think im using this to its full potential, and wondered if anyone had any tips? also, for best results should i plug into my clean channel, and then use the treble and bass on the actual amp to control those? or does that have little effect?

Any general comments on this little unit would also be appreciated, thanks guys,

Rob

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

(@lederhoden)
Trusted Member

I think Behringer has a web-site that has patches, certainly for the V-AMP2, but I think you have something very similar.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You may want to run your amp as clean as possible and use X-V for the distortion and effects. Some experimneting may include using a stereo cord and running into both channels on the guitar amp and changing between them. Have channel 2 set a little different from channel 1.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

cool ideas i will look on behringer site, thanks!

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hidden deep inside the manual you'll find a short note on how to change the input-gain of the X V-amp, so it will respond better to higher/lower output pups. I myself would run it into the poweramp/slave/FX-return in, and skip the entire preamp of your amp. Joe's tip could work, but I've found that Behringer's models really don't like to be put before or after other preamps. Still worth a try though.

ReplyQuote