Clear all

Vox Valvetronix Amp Worth

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Y'all.......... this guy has owed me over $1000 for more than a year. He finally (after legal threats) called me and actually admitted that he owes me some "restitution", and has offered to begin the negotiations with the offer of his Vox Valvetronix Amp (w/footswitch). I don't know which one it is......... it's supposed to be one of the better ones (it may even be the Vox AD120VTX NeoDog 2x12 Combo which lists at $1199 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/search/detail/base_pid/482614/ ), but since he hasn't bothered to show his face to me since his pride got in his way, I'm not sure that that's exactly what it is. I got onto Musician's Friend and checked out ALL Vox amps and see that they run (new) anywhere from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Of course, the first thing I'm going to do is have a friend that I can trust check the amp out from top to bottom and compare it to what I've found out on the internet. IF it DOES turn out to be the above referenced amp, would you write off the debt in exchange for the amp? I hate sounding like a dumb girl (which I probably am!!!), but I feel like I've been screwed by him enough and quite frankly don't feel like getting screwed again! Your input will be greatly appreciated!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

If that is indeed the amp, the amp and footswitch are a $1400 value. So if the amp is not old and in good condition I think that is a pretty good deal.

You can always sell it if you don't have a need for it. In very good condition you should be able to get $1000.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

..........I'd also check with the police to make sure that it isn't stolen.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

The question is: take the amp now, or wait till whenever to get the cash. It sounds like it might be worth it to take the amp, unless it's worthless.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

..........I'd also check with the police to make sure that it isn't stolen.

I'm sure it isn't stolen,,,, I just can't get hold of the guy that was with him when he bought it just a little over a year ago. Then, he could tell me for sure what model it is.

(Don't you just hate drama? :x

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Unless you need the money I would go for the amp. It will be a great addition to your guitar playing. If it does turn out to be the Valvetronix digital modeling amplifier you couldn't go wrong with all the possibilities built into that amp. From what I was just reading about it, its fascinating about the amps modelled and tone stack placement for each amp type.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That amp is totally awesome, and the footswitch ain't expensive either, so if it is all working properly it is, technically, a good deal. No idea if you need a different/new amp, so can't say much about if it would be wise to take it. It's a fair deal though.

ReplyQuote