Clear all

Vivian Cambell

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hello. This is my final post about finding my tone problem. Since no one can help me find the tone I want because there not inside my head, Ill give you a tone that you all can hear.

My absolute favorite guitar tone is Vivian Cambell's Tone. If I could plug my guitar in and have my amp sound like that as Im playing I would be in heaven. Yes yes I know 150% of his tone is through his fingers and blah blah blah, but I dont care. I want to hear want he is hearing. How come he gets to? He probably has some fun playing guitar when it sounds that sweet.

Those of you who don't know who Vivian Cambell is he is the lead guitarist for Ronny James Dio the band. He did the lead in songs like Rainbow In The Dark and We Rock, Holy diver ect.

So instead of helping me find "my" tone, help me find his and Ill be satisfied. Lets just break it all down to the beginning. I have a 500$ Jackson Guitar, and a 200$ Behringer amp, and two pedals. I sound absolutley nothing like him.

So anyone go ahead and pitch in anything you can. Make my amp/setup sound like Vivian Cambell's. I dont care how much money it takes, just keep it as cheap as possible.

Thanks. BTW here are some links to his solo's and tone so you can hear him.

Rainbow In The Dark - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_FgL5l1og

Holy Diver - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X-ZmOIlI9U

The Last In Line - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL1RguQL4jQ (Ignore the slow beginning The solo is mainly the tone Im talking about)

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@rocker)
Noble Member

his name is vivian cambell, awsome guitar player with an incredible sound 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yes I deeply apologize for that. I keep thinking about vinnie moore. I cant get enough of him either. Vivian Cambell, Vinnie moore, w/e I just want to get a damn sound thats close to them...

But thanks for correcting me.

I feel like a COMPLETE idiot.

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Try: Behringer amp's Marshall ("British") setting, the Hi-Gain option, the 4x12" speaker option, a little reverb and delay, scoop out the mids and boost treble and bass; roll back the bass until it sounds right.

Use your guitar's bridge pickup; dime the tone knob.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 ss43
(@ss43)
Trusted Member

An interview from somewhere -

Do you spend a lot of time on the quest for tone?

VC: Not at all. I plug a Les Paul into a Marshall 900. You can't get much more tone than that.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

yep, nothing like a les paul through marshall 8)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I love that tone too, and I'm starting to realize it may be time for a Les Paul and a Marshall, there's just no substitute

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

you can say that again 8)

ReplyQuote