Clear all

Vox Ad30VT Line Out

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hiram)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've had my Vox for a few months and was looking at some recording alternatives and discovered the line out is before the tube or valve so I would have to mic the amp. I've read over at Valvetronix forum of installing a "closed switching jack" which will allow the line to be after the valve but can't find any info on how to do it.

I think this would allow me to also run say a 2x12 cab at least one with 8ohm speakers, I see a lot of discussion on the subject but no instructions on the web. The cab will be later as I just ordered a Celestion G10 for the speaker replacement. Any body know of a link or advice?

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Not sure about installing the switch, but keep in mind that if you rewire it so the jack is post-amp, then you will not have a "line out" but instead you will have a "speaker out." This will power a cab, but you would generally not use that to connect to a recording device or mixer. You'll blow them up.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@hiram)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yeah I pretty much figured that on the mixer or such, the amp has enough models and effects to satisfy me so if I get a Shure SM57 or 58 and a mic preamp that should give me the full amp effects on recordings. I've never used the lineout for headphones so it being soley for a cab would be no problem. Which brings us back around to the closed switching jack if anybody has knowledge of how to do it, uh Ricochet?

ReplyQuote