Clear all

wah and overdrive

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

iv got a problem, i absalotly cannot find a distortion pedal i like i hate them all, i love my amps dist tho, (fender champion 30 w) and i use wah allot to, (cry baby origanal) but my problem is the fact that youve got to use distortion before wah or it sounds crap, well it does on my amp, i use a marshall jackhammer that cost 10 quid wen i have to, it sounds ok for riffs but sucks for solos, wot can i do? do more advanced amps have the capability to not sound crap with wah, or am i just gonna have to use a distortion pedal? if its any constalation i play a lp standard i just use a jackhammer dunlop wah and fender amp, my gain is never more than half way, cheers

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Scotty

That is a problem. First of all, I always put Wah before a distortion pedal, and I believe most people do. However, nothing is written in stone. To experiment and find what sounds best to you is all that counts.

I don't see any way around having to buy a pedal unless you are some kind of amp tech.

Perhaps you should try an overdrive pedal as opposed to a distortion pedal. I have a Danelectro Daddy-O and it sounds very much like the Drive channel on my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. The Ibanez Tube Screamer is a famous overdrive pedal, especially if you can get ahold of the original green one. Try Instrument Exchange. com

Perhaps an EQ pedal after the Wah and before your amp would help you get the tone you like.

By the way, is your amp the old Fender Champion 30W, or is it the new DSP model with effects?

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote