Clear all

re

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

itll b the new one with effects, it ses on the booklet thingy with the wah that it goes after distortion, which i ignored and tryed straight thru to the amps distortion and it sounded so crap, it was like clicking instead of sweeping, it would stay a about the same frequency untill u got to the middle, then it would instantly jump to high pitched, it goes away when u use a pedal b4 it, but ovd pedals sound so shit in my oppinion, the jackhammer is ovd and dist btw

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Scotty

Most Wahs sound better when used with a clean sound. Do you like the Crybaby when you are on the clean channel (patches)?

You say you love your amps distortion. Good. Stay with the amp. What you most likely need is a Wah that sounds good with distortion in front of it. I can only recommend you take your guitar and amp down to a music store and try different Wahs to find one that works well with your amps distortion. They have Wahs that are specifically designed to be used that way. The Crybaby was not. I own a Vox 847. It sounds great when running a clean signal through it, but it does not work too well with distortion.

I read reviews on that Jackhammer. That is a pretty high gain pedal. That pedal might not mix to well with a Wah. If you can afford it, pick up the Ibanez Tubescreamer. That is a FAMOUS overdrive pedal. That will probably get you a great tone for lead even with the Wah.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Scotty

Just for fun I went to Guitar Geek and found a list of famous guitarists that use the original Dunlop Crybaby Wah. Now, I clicked on about 5 or 6 different guitarists and went to their stage setup. Every single person I clicked on placed the Wah BEFORE any distortions, whether it be a pedal or amp distortion. See for yourself.

Guitar Geek Dunlop Crybaby Wah

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

sorry about that i stupidly clicked nu topic instead of reply, i aint sayin its correct or incorrect man, but trust me if u heard my rig with the wah infront theres no way ud like the sound, it dosent sweep it clicks and it makes the most loud static buzz uv ever heard, this for sum reason fixes with the distortion infront, dont ask me my rigs wierd, it starts to hum loudly as soon as it hits 530, it may be street lights or something, i live nxt to a electricity pilon anyway, you wouldint know of a good fuzz box would you? or a good low gain ovd pedal that would be good for a led zep sorta tone, anything like the crappy drive you get on 10 watt amps,

ReplyQuote
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i cant really afford to buy a new wah, yeh it sounds good clean, the jackhammer has a high gain range yeh but i can still cut the drive real low, u can get a clean sound out of it or a high metallica sorta tone, im gonna sell sum stuff and buy a fuzz or overdrive,but cool thanks 4 the advise man i heard good things about the tube screamer, ill try it out,cheers

ReplyQuote