Clear all

WHAMMY PEDAL???

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pacman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know what the whammy pedal does is it like a wah wah pedal. i know tom morrelo and jack white use it but whats it for is it worth it?

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I haven't used one, I would think you could get some pretty interesting sounds from it. Looks like it would be a fun pedal to have.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

It bends a pitch like a whammy bar (vibrato tailpiece) does, but a lot farther since it's electronic and can do that kind of stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

What happens is that you can set the Whammy pedal to cetain settings. You can set it to bend the pitch 1to2 whole step down or up. You can set it to harmonic 2nds and such....really niffty.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I used to own a Digitech Whammy pedal and liked it a lot. The real famous one is the red one that came out in the mid 90's.

The Whammy can raise or lower a pitch according to how you set it. You can set it so it plays a note it's normal pitch, as you lower it with your foot, it will raise the pitch as much as 2 octaves or lower it 2 octaves. But it does much more. It can raise or lower a Whole Step, a Forth, Fifth and so on.

It takes some real practice to get used to. Tom Morello is the Master of the whammy. The riff in "The Way You Like It" was played with a Whammy. Another good example is "Heavy Metal Machine" by Smashing Pumpkins. Korn uses the Whammy a lot.

It is one cool pedal. You'll like it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote