(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

hello im gonna buy some guitar equiptment and i got
a $700 spending limit i was thinking about a pod
or the fender cyber champ i do have a band so could you suggest some products

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

my opinion: I say All tube amp first, then effects.  That pod is a pretty interesting piece of equipment. I heard one in action last week and was impressed.  It really comes down to what you want to sound like and playing style.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

What style of music do you play? What equipment do you already have?

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

To encourage effective discussion and learner participation, it is important to build a setting in which forum members feel comfortable and respected. In case this was overlooked, here it is Forum Posting Agreement.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ok i play rock rock music im i dont have much stuff just the basics

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That wasn't directed at you Matthew.  We deleted a post.

POD is great, Digitech GNX3 would work too.

GNX4 is more expensive but you can record on it.

You could get a clean amp with those.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The standard POD and other amp modellers (such as the Behringer V-amp and Toneworks Ampworks  and Vox Tonlab, etc) are particularly useful for desktop recording in a home studio.  They are also used for going direct into a soundboard or PA system.  You can use them with amps, as effects boxes, but they seem to work better with very clean amps as they are already coloring the sound like an amp.  I would try the amp modeler with the amp you are considering as a pair, though it might just take some fiddling to get the sound you want.
    I use my Zoom PS-04 with a little Crate 15 watt solid state amp set very clean and I think I get a better sound with the modelled amp through the clean amp than with the Crate amp alone.  I get some of the qualities that I'm looking for in a tube amp instead of the mediocre sound I get from the amp alone.  It's not really like the real thing, but it keeps me pretty happy for practice and some rudimentary recording.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Matthew

You said you were in a band. You are going to need a good amp more than effects. One thing you are going to discover when you start playing out is that effects that sound fantastic at low volume in your bedroom sound like %#@! live. Effects are great live if used very sparingly.

A good 40-50 Watt tube amp will enable you to handle just about any gig. Myself and quite a few others on here own the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It is a great tube amp within your budget. Really, it is about the only truly gig-worthy tube amp within your budget. Another plus is that it has an exceptionally great clean channel. So if you also purchase an effects processor or amp simulator it should be a excellent matchup. The HRD will run you about $600 US.

No matter, get a good amp.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I deleted a post and didn't see that forrok_star had referred to it.
Sorry for any confusion, I caused.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

yes i do know i need a good amp im getting. one im wondering can u hook a pod up to any amp or do u need a foot pedal jack

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

With preamps like the POD you can plug into a varity of combinations from Mixers to single guitar amps.

Here's some POD Sound Files, Scroll down the page they have alot of them.

joe

ReplyQuote