Clear all

Would such an effect even exist?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm currently interested in writing some music for string sections and string quartets. One of the things I was wondering is if I would be able to buy a reasonably cheap pedal ($100-$200) that can act like a string synth for my guitar, or does this even exist? Also, would it be more practical to just buy a synthesizer with some good string effects?

Steve-0

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I'm currently interested in writing some music for string sections and string quartets. One of the things I was wondering is if I would be able to buy a reasonably cheap pedal ($100-$200) that can act like a string synth for my guitar, or does this even exist? Also, would it be more practical to just buy a synthesizer with some good string effects?

They exist, but they're not particularly cheap.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/s=effects/search/detail/base_pid/150097/

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Roland also makes the VG88 VGuitar System and GR33. Their all around the same price range.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, I thought I had seen some pedals like that and the price kind of scared me, :lol: . I think i'd be better off to pick up a keyboard, I've always wanted to learn how to play one anyhow.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would try thinking of was to create it without them. Perhaps a couple Eq's and maybe less expensive tube guitar pre-amps with effects.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@red_riviera)

A Boss PS-3 in mode 7 with feedback at 1 o'clock and pitch up 1 octave will sound like a synth backing to your playing.

ReplyQuote