Notifications
Clear all

Aloha..

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kathleen)
Topic starter

I'm starting this guitar learning journey later in life... seen 29th, 39th and er, uhm... even 49th birthdays come and go... left-handed, starting on electric and and very sore fingers and very short fingernails lately. Appreciated all kinds of music through the years and now looking forward to making some of my own.
You'll find me over at the newbie and girl boards... I tend to just read and enjoy rather than post, but did want to say hello and thanks for all the help.
Kathleen

Posted : 14/11/2006 7:29 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

and welcome you are! See you around!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 14/11/2006 8:12 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Kathleen.

Feel free to search everywhere for information you need and if you don't find it, don't hesitate to ask.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 14/11/2006 8:48 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Kathleen! 8)

Good luck, and like Bish said, don't hesitate to ask if you need help. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/11/2006 9:01 pm
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

Welcome Kathleen! I'm a late bloomer myself. You'll find this is a great place to learn and everyone here is very helpful.

/dwayne

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

Posted : 14/11/2006 9:20 pm
(@kathleen)
Topic starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! Was in my local used bookstore today, perusing the beginner guitar books and met the nicest couple of professionals, who taught me what a *fake book* is, and may have pointed me towards a teacher.

Musicians are turning out to be so friendly and warm and non-exclusive... who knew?
Learning about myself and discarding stereotypes (as in stuck-up rockstar) already... gotta love that!

Kathleen

Posted : 15/11/2006 12:51 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Welcome, Kathleen! Plenty of us later beginners around here. :D Welcome to the club!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 15/11/2006 1:23 am