Clear all

Another Beginner

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@anomaly)
Topic starter

Hey there all :)

I'm Anomaly, or at least, that's my name is on this forum. 8) I'm thirteen years old and live in the Netherlands.
As a lot of people here, I just started playing the guitar, maybe a month or two/three ago. My dad is a guitar teacher, so there was a big chance I'd be caught by the guitar-virus sometime. Well it has happened now, and although I was already lurking around these forums for some time, I just decided to register about 5 minutes ago.

I'm using a Squier Strat and a small Squier amp, borrowed them from my dad :).

As for my repertoire:
I don't really know whole songs, just intros and stuff like that. Most of the time the things get pretty hard in the middle. However, I can play Old Yellow Bricks by the Arctic Monkeys Anyway, now I'm working on Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Holiday by Green Day. I've got the Californication intro pretty much down now :wink:

I've already learned a lot about all kinds of things on these forums. Keep on going like this, guys!

Posted : 20/05/2008 11:22 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome, Anomoly
If you ever get a video camera, video your guitar playing
and post it on the Hear Here board on the Beginner's Video thread.
It will be something you can look back at periodically to see
your progress.

Enjoy the journey,
KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 20/05/2008 12:08 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 20/05/2008 9:18 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Anomaly! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/05/2008 9:52 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! :)

Posted : 20/05/2008 11:46 pm
(@spides)
Estimable Member

hey dude, cool as my Girlfriend is dutch, keep pushin your way through those songs man, it's so rewarding playing a song start to finish for your friends(The chicks love it too ;) )
Can't wait to see you around the forums.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

Posted : 22/05/2008 11:00 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi there, Anomaly, and welcome to GN! If you make as much progress over the next few years as our resident Dutch genius, Ingar Hillstrom, you'll be well satisfied!

Sigh - wish I'd started to play guitar when I was 13.......sigh.........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/05/2008 12:41 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I think we scared him away.
He hasn't been back.
What did you do, Spides?!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 29/05/2008 1:15 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Welcome!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 29/05/2008 8:38 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to the music madhouse !

Posted : 31/05/2008 7:00 pm
(@anomaly)
Topic starter

Fine to hear/read such nice replies. I hadn't checked back here in a while because of internet issues, so you haven't scared me away. :D Anyway, I'm planning to go play some random songs with a friend of mine. He plays bass-guitar, so that's cool!

Posted : 04/06/2008 2:12 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, sure you will find it very useful

Jack

Posted : 04/06/2008 4:03 pm