Notifications
Clear all

Hello

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@dick-wolkendeck)
Topic starter

Hello, I'm Christiaan, guitarnoise newbe from The Netherlands. I play the guitar since 1978. I got started playing guitar after listening to Santana, AC/DC, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Pink FLoyd and Led Zeppelin, to name a few. I got a bunch of guitars, electric, spanish and steelstring acoustic. My main axes are a 1992 Jackson SL2 and a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus. I also play my old trusted 1986 Charvel/Jackson model 4 a lot (very Fendery...).

My first gig was in 1982, with a school punk band. It was punk, like the british punk of the late 70's, not punkrockpop, mixed with The Cure and other New Wave influences and some Black Sabbath riffing as well in the background. Real Low-Fi, indeed: I used a taperecorderdeck for distortion. Later, I started learning to play lead by playing with some friends who were into The Rolling Stones. As a student, I used to jam a lot with a bunch of bluesmusicians, so I could discover the blues. That got me into Billy Gibbons, Albert King and Sonny Landreth. Not that I can play all that, sometimes just listening will do. Holdsworth, anyone? :lol:

I never got rid of my affection for Rainbow/Deep Purple/Whitesnake and listened to Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen and Frank Zappa as well. So nowadays I play a bit blues-oriënted, a bit of shred and rock guitar, in a metal ensemble. Check the music section of www.seraphique.com.

I like to listen to metal, jazz, classical, country rock, whatever. A friend got me into opera, too. The latest CD I bought was Nil Recurring from Porcupine Tree. But I also like Dark Tranquillity, Fates Warning and John Campbell.

Cheers, Christiaan.

http://www.seraphique.com

The big secret to get lots of stuff is to never get rid of anything.

Posted : 19/05/2008 10:49 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome, Christiaan.
I liked your song Chrysalis.
Nice web site there.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/05/2008 12:30 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Christiaan! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/05/2008 2:01 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! 1992 Jackson SL2 and a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus. I also play my old trusted 1986 Charvel/Jackson model 4 Nice choice of guitars there, I could only wish... :D

Posted : 19/05/2008 3:28 pm
(@spides)
Estimable Member

hey dude, i love punk. It's probably my favourite genre.

See you on the forums

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

Posted : 19/05/2008 4:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 20/05/2008 9:19 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

welcome to GN, Christiaan! Funny, I just welcomed another Dutchman who's just joined....although he's new to guitar, and you've been playing a while!

Lot of my favourite musicians in your influences - look forward to seeing you round the forums.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/05/2008 12:45 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to Musical Asylum !

Posted : 25/05/2008 7:33 pm