Notifications
Clear all

another new person.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel92)
Topic starter

About 8 months ago I walked into a local music store just to have a look around. When the owner asked if he could help with anything I said "I'm just bored." He said "Right this way." and took me to the show room and put an acoustic guitar in my hands. I said "I'll take it." Best impulse decision iv ever made. The very first few songs I learned were dust in the wind, the first part of stairway to heaven, jefferson airplane somebody to love, and other classic songs like that.

After doing that for a while i started to get a little frustrated because I felt limited on what could do with an acoustic so pretty recently I bought an epiphone les paul and absolutly adore it. A friend gave me a used amp and some cables and I scored a pretty sweet deal on some pedals at a flea market. I get so much enjoyment when I play and i wish it was possible to get years of experience under my belt overnight. I like to practice a wide range of genres, everything from classic rock to heavy metal. Anything with a strong melody or fun riffs. However my skills are mediocre at best, so i thought i could really benefit from a forum like this one for advice and stuff. I know theres some really talented people on here and I have so much to learn.

I only regret not trying to learn to play guitar sooner.

Posted : 28/11/2012 2:11 pm
(@steves6)
Trusted Member

Welcome to Ya, Ms.92

Your right, this is the place for learning all things guitar!

Posted : 29/11/2012 2:49 am