Another Newbie comes aboard!

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jpinma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Everyone,

Stumbled across this site a few months ago and haven't looked back since. The left hand finger tips are raw! But I am sure that will pass.

D. Hodges lessons are great and have helped me immensely.

Chat with you soon!

Jeff

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are mearly players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience, outside the guilded cage" - now was that Rush or Shakesphere?

Posted : 01/03/2006 2:16 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN Jeff!!!

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 01/03/2006 3:36 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Jeff!! Glad to see you around. I agree with you on Hodges lessons, and actually there are alot of other great writers as well.

Good luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/03/2006 3:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Jeff, and welcome to GN - glad you've taken the time to look at the Hodgemeister's lessons, his picture should be in the OED next to "Guitarist".....

Have fun, and those callouses WILL come with time, and the sore fingers will be a thing of the past.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/03/2006 4:39 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 01/03/2006 5:20 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

jeff,

come in and have some fun 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 01/03/2006 7:14 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Jeff. Stick around and enjoy the ride.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 01/03/2006 9:38 pm
(@jpinma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Everyone... well since I first logged on to GN back in March I have made some good progress! I am actually getting the hang of playing these easy songs for beginners. The "hodgemeister" has put together some great lessons, and to him a big thanks is due.. so thanks! I have also been searching thru the "easy songs" forum and picked up quite a few other songs. At last count I have learned about 12 songs, which in my world is quite a feat! Still having the issues of changing cords correctly, but not as troublesome as before.

Anyway, thanks to everyone and have a great day!

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are mearly players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience, outside the guilded cage" - now was that Rush or Shakesphere?

Posted : 04/09/2006 2:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, jpinma! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/09/2006 3:11 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, jpinma! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Yeah, from me too, even though you joined over 6 months ago! :lol:

Glad to hear of your progress. Keep at it & the chord changes will become earier too. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/09/2006 3:19 pm
 Kaz
(@kaz)

Welcome back!

Progress is good, I feel I learned a lot thanks to David Hodge's lessons (only read a handful of them so far but I am planning to go through all of them eventually), he is the reason why I found this site in the first place.

"Music can be like perfume, it's almost a scent, you know, where the right smell changes an environment and makes life more bearable." ~ Imogen Heap

Posted : 05/09/2006 12:19 am