8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Ragz
(@ragz)
Topic starter

Just had to stop in to say...

1) Hello
2) This site is quite possibly the most inspiring and useful site i've ever come across in my online travels. I've been a visitor to a _lot_ of other guitar based websites. And there's only one that comes close to this one. I won't mention the site, since i don't want to be banned for unwanted advertising or anything.

I'm still only what most would consider a beginner in the land of six strings. I played a lot, many moons ago. And just recently (this year) decided to pick up the guitar again and give it another go. It's been over 15 years since i last played, so i've pretty much forgotten everything i used to know.
However, i've practiced every day since i got a new guitar, which was about March or April time. I can safely say with a lot of confidence, that my playing as of today, far surpasses what i used to know when i was in my late teens and playing.
Being older has it's benefits sometimes. I have taken my time, and understand now that i'm not going to be able to play like any of the guitar gods. But i will be able to play with a high level of competence and skill as long as i keep practicing and playing. So that's what i do. In my spare time, i devote as much as i can to my guitar playing. Not an easy feat with a wife and kids to handle :) I'm sure some of you know that feeling.

Anyway, i've rambled on far too much.
I'll be back. Thanks again for this outstanding site.

Posted : 13/08/2008 3:53 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Ragz! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/08/2008 4:01 pm
 Ragz
(@ragz)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome. I've got a lot of reading to do, so don't expect to see me posting for a while hehe.

edit: so glad to see phpbb3 in use here. Best forum software out i think.

Posted : 13/08/2008 6:38 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 17/08/2008 10:42 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, Ragz. :D
Sounds like you came to the right place. Most of us are in the same boat.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 18/08/2008 12:11 am
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member

Welcome from another newbie!

This one is ff to his first ever lesson tonight-lucky my one only has 4 strings
Marcus

Posted : 18/08/2008 6:01 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hi, welcome to GN!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:14 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/08/2008 8:12 pm