Clear all

Back

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

To most of you my absence from the boards was probably a welcome relief. While I did post a couple of times in the past 2 months my access was through dial-up which was maddenly slow.

I moved from Long Island, NY to Port St Lucie, Florida. My wife moved down December 1 and I just got here last Wednesday (January 18 ). My electric guitars were packed away since mid November, I did have my acoustic with me. Although leaving for work at 7:10 am and getting home at 10pm didn't leave a lot of time to play. Yet even with the time constraints I did get to a level of finger picking I did not think I would have been able to achieve. (practice and time actually work, newbies take note!!)

Most importantly my guitars made the trip fine. Packed all nice and snug in their cases. Thanks to those who gave their advice. I did notice that my acoustic went sharp half a tone on each string almost overnight as the guitar picked up some humidity once I got here.

More good news is that where I used to practice in a small guest bedroom I now play out in the great room/living room with 16 foot cathedral ceilings. My amp is now up to where it seldom ever was and the guitars sound great and feel good.

All is good, and it is nice to be back.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:29 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

16 ft. ceilings? truly living large! pics!!!
welcome back

#4491....

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:40 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome back.. Enjoy Florida

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:42 pm
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I'll settle a picture of a palm tree... Maybe you can go a slight bit further south and do some strumming in Margaretville with Mr. Buffet...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:45 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome back, welcome back, weellcoommmeee baaaccckkk

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 28/01/2006 12:01 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you're setteling into Florida quite nicely. 8) Welcome back. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/01/2006 1:11 am