Notifications
Clear all

From the dusty Mexican borderlands

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitardiva505)
Topic starter

Well, almost, that's actually Arizona and I'm in New Mexico. Just joined because most of my friends' eyes just glaze over when I start talking too much guitar.

I dig blues and rock and play either a Strat or an N2, depending on the weather, the song, the time of day.....

Noelle

Posted : 01/02/2013 8:34 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Kool...we need more gals here. ;)

Posted : 02/02/2013 8:52 pm
(@guitardiva505)
Topic starter

In the meantime, I kinda like being in the minority. I've always liked hanging out with the guys.... :D

Noelle

Posted : 03/02/2013 4:36 am
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Welcome. Glad to see another woman joining the forum. There aren't too many of us.

Yes, it's nice to find a place where you can talk about your musical interests and have them actually care. If you're in a big city, you can always find that group of people. If you're in the hinterlands/borderlands, not so easy.

Renee

Posted : 03/02/2013 4:14 pm
(@guitardiva505)
Topic starter

Thanks!

Yep, Albuquerque is not quite a big city but not quite the middle of the desert, either, so it seems like it should be easy, but it's not. I've been trying to find jam partners and it has not gone well. I find a lot of these guys want to tell me what to do and how to do it, when it turns out they don't understand what I'm trying to do. I was using a minor pentatonic scale and an A7 arpeggio to solo and the guy kept telling me, "that's not the pentatonic pattern." I know, it's an arpeggio of a major chord in addition to the scale. I try not to beat the pentatonics to death. He just stared at me and never wanted to play with me again. :lol: He also kept telling me that a G7 and Gmaj7 were the same chord. Sigh.

I have an amazing teacher, so he's the only one who gets to tell me "this is how you do it."

Noelle

Posted : 04/02/2013 2:20 am