G'Day

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

G'Day,
New to the forum, thought this would be a good place to start.
I've been playing for a while & I'm currently in a Blues / Rockabilly 4pce called "The Hornets". However we're about to undergo a name change as i've just found there's another band in Melbourne already called the hornets.

Anyway, we play mostly blues & rockabilly with a bit of rock & psychobilly towards the end of the gig. We've been playing at the Norvel Tavern in Toowoomba for the past couple of months & opened for Chain (Matt Taylor & Phil Manning) in April, which was a big buzz for us. Our next gig at the Norvel on the 16th of May.

My main guitar is a customised Grestch Electomatic 5125, but I also play a G&L Asat Special (no, not legacy series) which is very dear to me as it's been in the family for AGES & is my old man's axe (he now plays bass in the band). As with most of us there's a number of other guitars scattered around the house, but I wont bore people with details. I run these through either KMD or Fender RocPro depending on my mood. Recently bought a Blackstar "HT-Dual" it's going to become a mainstay - love it!

Look forwards to meeting you all!

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:16 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

G'day Rob. Its great to meet ya. Welcome to GN. Hope we see you around a bit

JIm

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:38 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome, sounds like you are having fun! :)

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:52 pm
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

You gotta have fun, otherwise you're a professional!!! :wink:

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:56 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I love Grestch Guitars...

Welcome to GN !

Posted : 18/04/2008 9:32 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 18/04/2008 10:40 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Rob! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/04/2008 2:16 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy! Hope to see you around!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/04/2008 2:50 am