Notifications
Clear all

Good to finally be a member

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@karaokelove)
Topic starter

Hey everyone, it's good to finally be a member of this community. My name is Brian (my friends...well just about everyone...call me Woody) and I'm a 24 year old MTSU student currently residing in Nashville. I'm studying Music Education and have been teaching myself guitar and music theory (with a LOT of help from the awesome people on this site) for about 2 years now. I can't begin to express my gratitude for all the hard work and time put into this site and I can't wait to see what new articles are going to emerge in the future, and to maybe even contribute in some small way. I guess that's all for now. Well actually, I might as well post one quick thought on here. I've been reading through every article I can find on guitar technique, songs for beginners and intermediates, improving chord changes and all that good stuff. The one thing I seem to be unable to find, that I believe would be an enormous help to myself and others, would be perhaps a series of articles examining the styles of some of the well-known guitar virtuosos (Hendrix, Page, Clapton, just to name a few). Even some small glimpse into what they're doing and why they're doing it would be supremely helpful, and I'm sure some of you geniuses on this site already have great insight into some of the playing styles of the greats. I know you're already busy enough as it is, but I figured I'd just throw that out there. Anyway, thanks again for posting such helpful and informative articles and I look forward to seeing what comes out in the future.

-Woody

Posted : 27/01/2008 3:02 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hi Woody,
Welcome to GN, hope you enjoy your stay!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 27/01/2008 12:01 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Hey Woody, Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 29/01/2008 9:51 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 29/01/2008 11:24 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Howdy neighbor. I live in Hendersonville, work in Nashville. And I happen to be an MTSU student as well, although I only take online classes. Welcome to GN.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 30/01/2008 5:56 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Woody! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 31/01/2008 10:48 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Woody! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/01/2008 6:44 pm