Clear all

Greetings..

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Joined today, it's rather amazing I never stumbled on this site before. I've gone through just a fraction of the posts and it's obvious there are some serious, experienced players here. Looking forward to hanging around :)

Main reason I joined was to ask gear questions. I've never required much to fool around. My gear is a Statocopy, Roland JC-90 and a Rockman X100(it still works, bought it off Ebay years ago). Can get a variety of cleanhard sound to play around. But I finally have the time and the $$$ to start upgrading. The tech side of things I've not really bothered - my Roland has options I haven't even looked at yet (effects loop, channels ?).

Anyway, I'd imagine alot of things get discussed asked lots of times, I'll try not to repeat but it would take a while to read through everything on here.

Cheers all-
BillyBoy

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

Posted : 11/06/2008 12:10 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, BillyBoy! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 11/06/2008 12:30 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 11/06/2008 2:06 am
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Joined today, it's rather amazing I never stumbled on this site before. I've gone through just a fraction of the posts and it's obvious there are some serious, experienced players here. Looking forward to hanging around :)

Countless times I've noticed that people describe "stumbling" across this site. :lol: Is there a party that I hadn't been invited to? 8)

Welcome to GN, BillyBoy. Hope you have a great time here :)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

Posted : 12/06/2008 3:28 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome Bill.

Posted : 14/06/2008 10:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, BillyBoy! Yeah, it is amazing how many people "stumble" across this site - and it's also amazing how many of them tend to stay here.

Welcome, again, to he best guitar site on the net/planet!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/06/2008 10:41 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Main reason I joined was to ask gear questions.
Welcome to GN.
Sounds like you'll be wanting to check out the "From Here to There" board on this forum.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 14/06/2008 11:29 pm
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Your right KenRogers2, been spending alot of time there. :)

Next step for me, to re-create the things I've been pretending all this time. Get some different sounds with pedalsfeet I've been missing. An example - Limelight by Rush. Thick verses, the chorus seems more.. chorus, solo some flange? (Still learning the terms).

I'll post my experiment and soon to be shopping list in the 'Here to There' thread...feel free to give some feedback.

Cheers all

Edit: being new, no one else has a Dewey Cox avatar? Royal Jelly!

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

Posted : 15/06/2008 1:25 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 15/06/2008 1:42 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am