Clear all

The new guy

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@kchambers)
Topic starter

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle Chambers and i'm 24 years old. I have been playing guitar since i was about 8. I am currently recording my own music and working on trying to get a band together. I have played in several bands...some i'm proud that i was a part of and some that i wish i wouldn't even have been associated with at the time.

I have many influences but my main one's would include: Breaking Benjamin, Sevendust, Strata, Senses Fail, Dark New Day, Alter Bridge, etc.

I own a whole collection of guitars but my favorite is my Samick. One of the best guitars i have ever played.
I use Digitech Pedals, Mark Tremonti Wah pedal, kustom heads and cabs, and a spider head II.

I'm happy to be apart of this forum and look forward to meeting you in the future!

Kyle

Posted : 11/06/2008 5:55 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Ah! So you are the new guy :wink:

Welcome! I've never heard of any of your influences BTW - what kind of music would that be?

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 11/06/2008 6:51 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 11/06/2008 7:30 pm
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

GN welcomes you, new guy!

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

Posted : 12/06/2008 3:12 am
(@kchambers)
Topic starter

Thank you! one and all!

My influences well...you have to hear for yourself. i have been playing since i was little but i have new and old favorites. the ones i listed are newer bands from 97-present. But the first band i feel in love with was Van Halen! Eddie Van Halen is a mastermind! Just check out some of the bands i listen to when you get the chance! they may not be for you but these bands helped me develop into what i am now!

also, i will have questions about how these band's sound operate!

Let me know what all of you listen to so i can have some new music to check out!

Posted : 12/06/2008 3:35 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Kyle! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/06/2008 3:58 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Kyle! Like Lars, I don't recognise a lot of the names you cite as influences - Alter Bridge was the only one I recognised. But hey, they got you playing guitar, so that's got to be good, right?

As for me, I grew up with the Beatles, the Stones, the Who as a kid - got into Nazareth, Led Zep and Mott The Hoople in the 70's, U2 and Big Country in the 80's, Oasis in the 90's....but picked up a lot more bands to listen to from GN. Guess I'm basically an old rocker at heart - though I listen to a lot more blues, and even a little country these days.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums, and hope the band comes together for you! Oh - and if you're a writer as well, you could do worse than drop into the Sunday Songwriter's Forum and practise your writing....always nice to see a new face in there.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/06/2008 11:14 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 17/06/2008 8:39 am
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome! Enjoy