Notifications
Clear all

greetings from the bottom of the world!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mut-riff)
Topic starter

hi! Names Luke, I'm 19 years old and im from New Zealand.
I've only been playing guitar a few months but ive been enjoying it alot, getting pretty fluent at it.
Honestly, i kinda just wanna have a listen in on what the pro's have to say, i dont know if i really have much to bring to the forum at this stage.

I play a squier strat, my amplification is pretty pitiful, just a little ashton 10 watt practice amp and an sx (i think its samsung) bass amp to go with my ashton bass (that i hardly play these days) other than that i have a creative audigy2 - z5 platinum (i think?) soundcard for my computer, which has a guitar lead-in port, and built in effects. I want to eventually go completely analogue, but it was cheap and it will suffice for now. I have all the software required to record, though seek the inspiration and talent required to write something good.

I've always been very into my music, though only recently got into playing it for myself, haha. Theres very little music i can't at least appreciate, I listen to alot of genre-bending alternative bands like faith no more, garbage and the doors. In my opinion the music scene over here is a little dry, aside from a few groups and id like to contribute something to that. I was raised on music and id like to give something back to the music community.

Posted : 07/02/2008 7:10 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 07/02/2008 8:24 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 07/02/2008 9:14 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! :)

Posted : 07/02/2008 11:12 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Luke! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/02/2008 1:56 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Luke! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/02/2008 5:08 pm
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Welcome Luke what's the weather like down below?

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Posted : 11/02/2008 5:19 pm
(@mut-riff)
Topic starter

Welcome Luke what's the weather like down below?

Gerry
Weather sucks down here, haha.

Posted : 03/03/2008 9:50 pm