new girl from STL Missouri! :D

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@nikkinik36)
Topic starter

Hey everybody!

Time for my life story :D

Well, my name is Nikki Cross. I'm 18 years old and I'm from St. Charles missouri (about 5 miles from stl).I've been playing guitar for 5 years. When I was 13 my older sister and I had the idea to start a band. For Christmas she asked for a bass, and I asked for a guitar. I started teaching myself stupid little songs like mary had a little lamb and smoke on the water, then she wanted to play. So, while she was playing my guitar I picked up her bass, learned how to read tabs and became decent at bass. Thanks to my sister not really liking bass I had the opportunity to teach myself to play bass and guitar. Later, (3 years later) we finally started our all girl band 'Sorelle'. I played bass, she played guitar, but the whole time we had this band going I was still playing guitar. Writing my own songs and, somewhere within the 3 years before the band, I had even begun singing. I found that music really helped me bring out a lot of things about myself that I never really knew were there. I never new I was a decent singer until one day I was brave enough to sing infront of a few friends and surprisingly recieved some awesome compliments. Needless to say, from the day I was told my singing doesn't suck, I haven't put my guitar down. Bass was fun, but writing my own songs and singing was so much more fun!

The band is now broken up but, as bad as it sounds, I wasn't heart broken at all because I believed in myself more than I believed in the band.

That's what I call Rambling... :D

Ok so this is what the new girl is hoping to achieve from joining this site
1.) info on recording (equipment, costs, etc.)
2.) other stuff having to do with acoustic guitars and singing

Posted : 05/02/2008 4:52 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 05/02/2008 11:11 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Nikki! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/02/2008 3:38 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay! What styles are you interested in playing/singing?
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 05/02/2008 7:46 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 07/02/2008 10:38 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Nikki! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/02/2008 2:00 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome Nikki :D

Posted : 19/02/2008 2:55 am
(@nikkinik36)
Topic starter

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay! What styles are you interested in playing/singing?
Cheers, katmetal :)

Heyy, sorry it took me so long to reply, but yeah, I don't really know how to describe what I play, I've really been most influenced by my friends band Bi-level. They're local, and broke up, which is a shame because they were really going to go somewhere. They're on myspace, and if you listen to them, that's pretty much what I sound like, except acoustic, and girl vocals :)

Posted : 23/02/2008 1:30 am