Clear all

Hallelujah

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@plot36)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just thought I'd share this moment with you. Started playing (electric) at Christmas and have been plugging away for an hour or so most days since then with seemingly little progress and suddenly, without warning the fingers on my right hand (I'm a leftie) start to go where I want them to without having to think too much about it. :D :D :D OK, so it's only a simple 3 chord progression (Am, C, Dsus2) but it's a start. And, no doubt, this evening I'll be back to square one but at least I know it can happen. And a big thanks to David Hodge for his excellent beginners songs resource. First proper one-to-one lesson tomorrow too - my teenage son has has lessons with this guy and recommends him - "he's just like wow" (it was one of his more eloquent days).

Posted : 17/02/2006 8:04 am
(@plot36)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

How'd that happen? :? Pretty sure I didn't post twice.

Posted : 17/02/2006 9:15 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome, Plot36.

Double posting has become a second nature for some of us. When we do that we usually delete the other post or mark it as a double.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/02/2006 1:34 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Welcome to GN

I'm the master of the "single double post" Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

#4491....

Posted : 17/02/2006 3:25 pm
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Welcome to "the place"

Posted : 18/02/2006 1:51 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard!

Nice to here when a fellow guitarist has a revelation! :D Keep practicing, there'll be more. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/02/2006 1:58 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome to gn, i have triple posted before, thats embarassing :lol:

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 18/02/2006 10:52 am
(@plot36)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome :)

Posted : 18/02/2006 12:01 pm
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

a lot of good stuff here... Enjoy...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

Posted : 18/02/2006 12:33 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

without warning the fingers on my right hand (I'm a leftie) start to go where I want them to without having to think too much about it. :D :D :D OK, so it's only a simple 3 chord progression (Am, C, Dsus2) but it's a start.
Congratulations! Wasn't that a wonderful feeling? :D You'll have many, many more just like it as you progress! And, at least with me, those moments seem to come when I'm getting really frustrated, so I stop thinking about it and it suddenly just happens! Once again, congratulations on your breakthrough! Oh! And welcome to GuitarNoise! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/02/2006 1:51 pm