Notifications
Clear all

Hello!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@pwt09)
Topic starter

I don't really play guitar, just have an acoustic that was my sisters that I've messed around with and learned a song or two. But I love to sing, only recently really getting into it. I've always loved to sing but I figured I might as well start trying to do something with it. Never really sang in front of an audience except in chorus in middle school (4-5 years ago?). So I'm no pro, and not even sure of how well I can sing. I've posted me singing in the singing forum if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks!

Posted : 12/07/2008 12:08 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Don't really play guitar? Bout time you learned then!

Seriously, a lot of good singers have taken up guitar as a second string to their bow, if you like - Jon Anderson never needed to play guitar with Yes, but learned so's he could play on his first solo LP. Mick Jagger - well, he had Keef and Brian, then Keef and Mick, then Keef and Ronnie - but he still learned to play guitar.

It's an option - you can do so much more with your voice if you know what you're doing musically, and it's always handy to be able to accompany yourself .

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/07/2008 10:25 pm
(@pwt09)
Topic starter

Finally a response ^^.
Thank you haha.
And learning guitar is definitely a possibility, just not at the TOP of my priorities right now.
I plan on doing it someday though.
Who knows my messing around with my sisters guitar could end up in me teaching myself more than anticipated lol.
But thanks for the welcome Vic Lewis VL =]

-Tyler

Posted : 13/07/2008 6:08 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/07/2008 7:13 am