Notifications
Clear all

Hello

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@glueandducttape)
Topic starter

Glue and duct tape here from MA. I have a new Cordoba Gypsie King acoustic guitar although I never was a flamenco style player also have a studio les paul even though I never was a big electric player either. Ok so I'm kind of an amatuer player at best. Also have two Washburn acoustic electric Millenium models, one my brother is currently using. I recent;y sold a couple of nice guitars as well; my 1978 Guild D25 Cherry Mahogany ( I should have kept) I still have my 1982 D16 which is the one I am currently working on and my 2005 Epi Sheraton. If anyone knows of a good local guitar repair and set up course or can recommend a good DVD so I won't have to keep using glue and duct tape, I'm all ears...

Thanks

Posted : 10/04/2012 6:31 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey! Duct tape got Apollo 13 back...

Seriously, finding a good luthier is tough. One way to suss the better ones out is to see if they are factory authorised repairers for brands you've heard of...

Other then that...it's glue & duct tape...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 11/04/2012 4:37 am
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Hey, adhesives. I'm assuming MA to be Massachusetts, apologies if it's some other Global locale. If you're in New England I know of a Dozen luthiers, repair shops and plain old good dudes who would be happy to help you. I'm in Albany BTW. There are dedicated schools in VT and Schenectady, NY... Woodstock too. There's also a guy in New Haven, CT who holds setup and repair seminars pretty regularly. He advertises on craigslist in western mass a lot, but I can't speak for his reputation. I could hunt someone near you if your interested. my Email is dickpanama@hotmail - but I'll check back here, I'm horrible about checking my mail.

Posted : 14/04/2012 1:29 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Step one: write down exact serial numbers of the guitar...

Step two: call the factory and ask who is authorised by them...in your area...then sort those few out yourself. Basically, if the can't play a guitar, do let him try to fix it.

Other than that...ya takes ya chances...

Cat

Posted : 14/04/2012 11:16 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Hey, adhesives. I'm assuming MA to be Massachusetts, apologies if it's some other Global locale. If you're in New England I know of a Dozen luthiers, repair shops and plain old good dudes who would be happy to help you. I'm in Albany BTW. There are dedicated schools in VT and Schenectady, NY... Woodstock too. There's also a guy in New Haven, CT who holds setup and repair seminars pretty regularly. He advertises on craigslist in western mass a lot, but I can't speak for his reputation. I could hunt someone near you if your interested. my Email is dickpanama@hotmail - but I'll check back here, I'm horrible about checking my mail.
There is a Luthier school in Schenectady?? Do you mind dropping a name to me?

Paul B

Posted : 25/04/2012 9:11 am
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Mohawk valley guitars, or something to that effect, they do workshops for repair and building if I remember right. I have the guys card around here somewhere, I'll look around for it.

Posted : 13/05/2012 9:16 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Gidday!

Cat

Posted : 14/05/2012 1:19 am