Clear all

Hello

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hello, I'm Ezra. I play rock/indie rock type of stuff. The only thing I like more than a pretty little line is a filthy obnoxious tone so everything I play usually shares those two elements.
I have some varied influences as far as guitar players but I wouldn't say I emulate any of them. I like Zappa, Fruscainte, J.Mascus, Stephen Malkmus, Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Buddy and Muddy and many more I can't think of. I never practice playing guitar and I never really learn someone elses stuff, I use the guitar to write songs and that's about the only thing I focus on.

I've been slowly recording an album in Vermont over the past year, I try to get a few hours in here and there as my sched allows.
I have acquired a pretty nice selection of guitars and gear over the years, I have some real nice strats and teles including a custom shop strat and a '68 tele with a bigsby (or is it a '67) and a '59 duo, a '59 melody maker and some other stuff. I've put together a great shop in my basement and I've made some tele and offset bodies, I intend on doing many more once I get some renovation projects finished later this spring. I have also been making guitar pickups for 7 years.

My current rig is a 1996 custom shop '62 strat and a '89 mexi strat with a AVRI '62 neck. Both have Duncan SSL1's (but why not just make your own you ask? You sound like my wife, it's my money let me blow it however I want. Actually I had them on the mexi and found a set for super cheap around the time I got the custom shop, they are great pickups) both are wired to be out of phase in the center detent. I use a Vox wah (always on) into a bigmuff and a hyperphaser and BF19 flanger in the effects loop. I have a bunch of other effects too. Everything goes into an 18 watt stromberg carlson or a modded jetcity jca20h single channel, then into two GWH green beret's. I want a JCM 800 2550 we'll see.

Posted : 19/04/2012 7:25 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I never practice playing guitar and I never really learn someone elses stuff, I use the guitar to write songs and that's about the only thing I focus on.

Whoa! Another me on this website...god help us all!!!!

Believe me when I say WELCOME!!!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 20/04/2012 10:01 am