Clear all

Heyoo! New Bassist here.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@arsenic)
Topic starter

Hey there, I'm Arsenic.

I recently started playing and teaching myself electric bass. I've always been interested in (and somewhat in love with) the bass, ever since I was a little girl. I played violin from 4th grade until I graduated from high school and finally received a bass guitar for Christmas. Playing makes all of my stress melt away, despite the fact that I'm not very good at it yet :oops:

I'm planning on taking private lessons once my current semester at college ends, but for now I'm trying my best to teach myself using the internet as my only resource.

I'm from upstate New York and play a Schecter Special-4 Raiden. I've owned it for 2 weeks now and am completely in love.

I'm here on this site to hopefully meet some other bassists who can give a newbie a few pointers.
Looking forward to learning and playing all sorts of genres of music, although Punk has really been speaking to me for its simplistic but addictive bass lines.

Posted : 15/04/2012 12:19 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

The world needs more bassists! Welcome...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 15/04/2012 7:16 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN 8)

Posted : 15/04/2012 1:01 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Albany/Placid area or Rochester/Buffalo area? We've got some members in both regions. It is often helpful for bass players to find others to jam with (ref: signature below).

Welcome!

Posted : 15/04/2012 6:30 pm
(@arsenic)
Topic starter

Thanks Cat, Nuno!

Laz; I'm nearly smack in the middle of Syracuse and Albany haha
About 45 minutes east of 'cuse.

Posted : 15/04/2012 6:58 pm