Clear all

Hello all

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@simonb)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi all, I signed up the other day but hadn't seen anywhere to jump in and post yet, but then I just saw this meet and greet bit today so I thought that's a good spot to start.

I've been playing for probably about 18 months to 2 years now, but only recently (last December) got a decent guitar (a Seagull M6). Before that I'd just been mucking around on some cheap no-brand nylon string guitar I picked up from the local pawn shop, which wasn't pretty but was enough to know that guitaring was for me.

I've just recently started playing in one of our church music teams as well which has been great fun, but it's been quite a change from playing solo in my bedroom to having to play with other people. As I said though, it's been good fun and a chance to do some more learning as well (plus it's nice to get a chance to play in public).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi before popping up in some other thread :)

- Simon

Posted : 08/04/2006 6:37 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Simon! We all look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/04/2006 10:35 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN Simon!

Seagull's are nice guitars. Playing with your church team is a great! Alot of us here do the same. Keep at it, and have fun.

See you around the boards,
Dan

:D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/04/2006 1:28 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to guitarnoise Simon. Enjoy your stay.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 08/04/2006 3:04 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Welcome to the board Simon, it's good to see you here. Nice guitar, I'm confident that you will find loads of Seagull fans on here, myself included!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 08/04/2006 4:38 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome aboard, stay long and prosper 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 08/04/2006 8:22 pm
(@simonb)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
Nice guitar, I'm confident that you will find loads of Seagull fans on here, myself included!
That's good to hear. I'd not actually heard of Seagull before I went hunting for a new guitar, but then I found many good reviews and they seemed like great value for money. Then to seal the deal, my local music shop had them on sale $200 off, which made the decision even easier :D

Posted : 09/04/2006 5:09 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Playing with your church team is a great! Alot of us here do the same.

And alot of us hope to get that opportunity in the future. Welcome to GN Simonb. Hope get alot out of it.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/04/2006 1:50 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Simonb.

Glad to hear you are playing at church. As said above, a lot of us are involved in that venue as well. That's about the only place I'm allowed to play my guitar in front of people. GOD has no mercy. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/04/2006 2:48 pm