Skip to content
Hello all from stil...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello all from still (kinda,yet almost) sunny Greece!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vangelis)
Topic starter

Hello people on guitarnoise.com I've been wandering this forum for a couple of days and decided to join since I found out that is a place with helpful people can learn many things from experienced players.

I live in Greece and I've been playing electric bass for some months now, an ibanez gsr(something, I keep forgetting the exact model) has pj magnets it was economic but from what I heard and read around it's a very good bass guitar regarding it's low cost.

I listen to punk rock, glam, a little hard rock and less metal but haven't decided what I want to play at bass. What I know is that I want to learn all kind of styles, I like playing fast 8ths but I like to do some walking like Jaco(there hasn't been one time that I touched my bass that I haven't played 'The Chicken').
Still trying to find my sound, I think it might take me years.

I really wanna jam all the time with someone, I convinced a friend of mine to buy drums (but a really ugly sound comes from his bassdrum) and we cannot keep up the tempo.

Anyway I really love this instrument(I tried my brothers guitar but doesn't give me that home again feeling) and wan't to create and play music through it.

Ok I think it's enough stuff for an intro, hope to have nice time with you people on the forum.

Posted : 22/09/2006 12:22 pm
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the greatest website on the internet Vangelis!

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 22/09/2006 12:57 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.

Enjoy your time here and expect to absorb information at an increasing level.

This site is great! Ah but you know that already. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 22/09/2006 1:03 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/09/2006 1:30 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to the greatest website on the internet Vangelis!

There is other stuff on the internet? :shock: :lol:

Welcome to GN Vangelis. Enjoy your time.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 22/09/2006 1:31 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/09/2006 3:13 pm
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Welcome Vangelis

Tim

Posted : 23/09/2006 12:36 am