Clear all

Hello, chaps!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@lunchmeat)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey there. I've been reading some of the articles on guitarnoise, and they've helped me immensely - bit thank you to David Hodge and the other writers on his staff.

My name is Jedd. I live in Florida, and I think I've been playing guitar for what, a year? I think? I haven't really kept track, but I think it's been about a year. I have a really crappy classical guitar at my place, complete with slightly warped neck and horrible intonation. It hurts to play it...it's a great practice guitar, due to the high action and wide neck (y'know, stretching exercises and whatnot) but tone-wise, it's just not all that great. I recently bought my friend's Jay Turser Telecaster, and I'm playing it through a tiny Peney amp...the guitar needs to be repaired, as the loose volume knob is causing horrible feedback.

Hmm...I like a wide variety of music - I appreacite music more than lyrics, so i really listen to whatever suits my fancy. Recently, I've been on a huge Jimi Hendrix high, ecause he's awesome and I just love his stuff. I'm also a fan of Kaki King, who is an amazing acoustic guitarist. I'm not a great guitar player by any means, but I do want to use the guitar to unleash my music, to express myself. I'd also like to play bass, but I have to get my hands on one. Bass is fun!

This intro was a bit long-winded, so I guess I'll stop here. I'm 19, by the way. Yeah...guitarnoise seems to be a wonderful place filled with supporting people, and I want to be a part of that, sappy as it sounds.

-lunchmeat

Posted : 17/01/2006 9:33 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 17/01/2006 9:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, welcome, Lunchmeat! I think you'll find GN a wonderful place to hang out!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/01/2006 9:59 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.. I think you will like it here with the rest of us saps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 17/01/2006 10:19 pm