Notifications
Clear all

Hello everyone!

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@wavodavo)
Topic starter

Hello fellow guitarists. My name is Dave. I live in Bristol in England. I have been playing the electric guitar for about 5 years now on and off but have concentrated more in the past year. I have 3 guitars they are a Vintage SG copy in red with dot inlays which is rare, Westfield Les Paul copy in white and a Westfield Firebird copy. My SG is the favourite as it is in the style of Pete Townshend's SG.
I mainly play The Who songs from the late 60's/ early 70s period especially songs from the Tommy album. I have almost managed to get the hang of Pete Townshend's famous arm swing - many times have cut my fingers and snapped the strings lol.
I there is anyone else out there who also play The Who just let me know and we can have a chat or something.

Cheers

Dave

Posted : 24/12/2006 2:27 pm
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Dave,
Welcome to GN! I've been known to play a little bit of The Who from time to time...such a great band! Hope to see you around the forums.

Jason

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

Posted : 24/12/2006 5:07 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You are always invited to this great forum, Dave.

Consider the finding of this site a Christmas gift by the internet Santa Claus. :wink:

Posted : 24/12/2006 6:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Dave! :)

The Who: Great band! I was watching some videos on VH1 the other day!

Posted : 25/12/2006 6:24 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN Dave. :D

I too like The Who! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/12/2006 2:22 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Dave! Another Who fan here....have been since I was a kid!

I like to put the "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" album on and jam to that.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/12/2006 6:21 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Welcome Dave!

Posted : 26/12/2006 6:57 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Dave! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 26/12/2006 7:51 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 26/12/2006 10:09 pm