Clear all

Hello from a very windy Scotland

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@johnd)
Topic starter

Hello from the east coast of Scotland.

Been playing for about 18 years on and off..... mostly off!! Hadn't picked a guitar up for about 7 years until a year ago where i invested in some new equipment and got back into it. Have learned more over the last year than I have ever done through probably having a little more patience and a more refined ear. However.... my theory side of it is non existant. I learn from ear, and tab and don't really understand the theory... although I'm probably a lot further advanced than I think, I couldn't even tell you where root notes are on chords etc nd know absolutely nothing about scales :D Although, my rhythm and techniques is half decent..... I used to be a drummer, see !! :oops: :)

Looking to learn more theory so I can teach....so any help would be more than welcome.

I own 2 epiphones.... a Les Paul Standard Honey Burst and a PR-5E natural, semi-acoustic. I play both through an MX Marshall 30w....not the best, but it's ok for practising.

Speak soon!!

Posted : 01/06/2011 7:05 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Oh, so this is not about bagpipes? :shock: Nice gear, (mandatory Marshall for U.K.???) welcome to the forum! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 01/06/2011 10:02 pm
(@johnd)
Topic starter

Cheers BlueJay! I gave up the bagpipes a long time ago....they were standard learning at school, didn't you know? :)

Forgot to mention that I've just turned 39 and glad to join the mid-agers in their efforts. My recent hiatus has been mainly due to my 3 and 6 year old girls..... not interested in U2, AC/DC, Zeppelin and the Eagles!

Posted : 03/06/2011 8:46 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It's a good reason for a hiatus, congrats. I hope you can get along musically some time, and they'll join your band. You will have a second generation drummer, and a bassist? :D

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 04/06/2011 12:09 am
(@shadiq)

No more to say about windy Scotland.

Posted : 10/06/2011 5:29 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

No more to say about windy Scotland.

:shock: I was hoping to hear a lot more, it was a cool introduction, and that's what FRIENDLY new members do when they join. 8) Cheers!

I got a cultural song for you, what he heck, for fun and to make it musical. Oh, and imagine it's Scotch not Irish Whiskey :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZDhnRo8YvQ&feature=related

The original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EXY4oP1Do&feature=related - that's unless Thin Lizzy did it first; 'nuff said. :roll:

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 10/06/2011 1:09 pm