Clear all

Hello from AZ

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@joefish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Been bangin' around this website for some time now, and decided to make it official.

I started out as a drummer but always been facinated by guitar because I like to sing. It's rather hard to sing while playing drums. So I have Been playing guitar now for decades on and off but decided to get more serious with the last few years. My wife claims it's my midlife crisis...purhaps she's right. I have been working on my technical skills with acoustic and been forging down the road with leads on the electric - I have found life beyond chords. I play for myself, play with friends (although this is tough because everyone in my age group has been playing for decades and don't have the same ambition that I do - very frustrating), and play solo live several times a month leading kid's worship at my church. I have also begun playing around with recording in my home studio and writing songs as well.

I am influenced by the Beatles (BIG fan), Oasis, few indie artists like Steve Burns (yes, the Steve Burns), and anyone else who plays with clever chords progressions and interesting lyrics.

I have a Takamine G series acoustic and recently invested in a new Epiphone LP Standard translusent blue to replace my hunk-o-junk Washburn X Series I had been playing for a couple of years. I play these through my Vox AD50VT (I don't care what people think of modeling amps, I love this thing!). I am recording using an M-Audio 410 Firewire, Sonar, and a couple of mics I picked up on Ebay. I round everything off with a Ludwig 5 piece. My next and final purchase, at least for a while, it a MIDI keyboard or controller, then I'll be set.

Well, that's it. Thanks for listening. This site's awsome.

==================
Pat
joefish
SilverBox

"Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice".
Robert Fripp

Posted : 29/11/2007 6:10 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Joefish! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

(PS.... I was born in Arizona! :D )

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/11/2007 6:27 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/12/2007 2:04 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, hope you enjoy your stay!
Cheers, katmetal :)
I play for myself, play with friends (although this is tough because everyone in my age group has been playing for decades and don't have the same ambition that I do How true...it comes with the territory... :(

Posted : 01/12/2007 7:52 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome Joefish! :D

Posted : 06/12/2007 4:58 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hey Joe!
Where you going with that gun in your hand?

Ha.Betcha never heard that one before....NOT!

Welcome to GN :D

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 07/12/2007 2:54 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/01/2008 2:05 pm