Clear all

Hello from Canada!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bandit_matt)
Topic starter

Hi!

My name is Matt, and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan.

I've been playing for just over two years, mostly self-taught (and by that, I mean GN taught me!). I started playing on an acoustic in my one-bedroom apartment, during my last semester of university. Now I have a good job to fund the GAS, and a house to store the stuff!

I listed to a wide variety of music, mostly country. And now that I'm learning to play more music, I've discovered that country, blues and rock share a lot! My fiance plays a bit as well, she's learning bass guitar from Dave Hodge's CIG book. Recently, a friend brought his drum kit over, so now we have a small jam group!

This site is great, and I will continue to learn from it, and support it in any way I can!

"I'm done with school and being a boy scout, and too smart to take up smoking. Gimme a guitar and a motorcycle!"
-Washburn D10S
-Fender Nashville Telecaster
-Gibson Les Paul Studio

Posted : 15/03/2010 4:15 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Matt, you give the site many compliments - I think the people will appreciate that. :D

You seem to be doing well with your playing, and with accompaniment, in a Picture Postcard Place.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 15/03/2010 9:16 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Matt! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/03/2010 10:27 am