Hello from Dallas

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi All,
I'm from Irving, Texas. I'm a programmer by profession. I've had a guitar for close to 8 months but started off seriously only about a month ago. I have an Agile AL2000 electric guitar. I had a crappy el cheap-o amp till about a month ago and frankly i didn't enjoy playing much. Then I gifted myself a Roland Microcube for new year :twisted: . I've definitely made more progress in last month than the period before that put together. I can play a few open chords and movable power chords. Going through this site is like playing an open ended RPG (role playing game for non-geeks out there). There is so much information and i end up jumping from one article to another. Thanks for creating such a nice community. Hopefully i'll be able to contribute something back in the not too distant future. Sorry about the cheesy lusername :oops:

Sri

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

Posted : 27/02/2007 10:12 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Fretboy!

I'm a programmer too 8)

Posted : 27/02/2007 10:18 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hello fretboy. Welcome to GN.

Posted : 27/02/2007 10:59 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to the GN forums.

#4491....

Posted : 27/02/2007 11:54 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Fretboy! Always nice to welcome another Texan! I'm on the other side of Fort Worth, in Weatherford. We'll look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/02/2007 12:16 am
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome fretboy......i know what you mean about leaping from one point to another...there is a wealth of stuff on here...the focus will come...PROMISE!!!!

enjoy your stay and above all ....... have fun 8)

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 28/02/2007 1:23 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. Good job on the learning curve. Hang on for the G forces. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 28/02/2007 5:36 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/02/2007 11:37 pm