Clear all

Hello from Florida

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@roeocorp)
Topic starter

Hi All,

Beginner to guitar here. Always wanted to learn but didn't think I had the patience. That was until I heard my new neighbor play...WOW! He offered me an old electric that his son started on & I was completely taken with learning to play. He did tell me I would have to buy my own amp though! He has been helping me along with the lessons I'm learning here. There is something about having someone as passionate as a beginner with a mulitude of experience helping you.

I have some musical background after playing in band/jazzband in highschool so basic theory is already ingrained. David's lessons are very well thought out & easy for someone with no experience to pick up a guitar & learn from. Cudo's David!

On a personal note, my influence for learning to play is the late & great Stevie Ray Vaugh. I have always felt he played from the heart in every song he played. A high aspiration no doubt but a journey begins with a single step....

Enough about me, plus I need to get back to practicing...

Jeff

P.S. Any cures for incredibly sore fingers out there. If so please reply...thx!

Posted : 23/01/2009 3:51 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Jeff! 8)

As far as the sore fingers, all part of learning the guitar. It'll get better. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/01/2009 10:45 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 23/01/2009 11:58 am