Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Guam.

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@andrewus)
Topic starter

Hey there, my name is Andrew and I am in the US Navy stationed on this god-forsaken rock in the pacific.

I have just picked up a guitar again after a 10 year hiatus. I used to play in highschool with a buddy, but after joining the service never touched a guitar due to deployments, storage areas, etc etc.

I recently picked up a cheap lil yamaha f310, and am relearning. It is amazing how much you can forget if you do not use it. I am relearning all my chords and practicing switching between them.

I used to play the electric, but now I am trying acoustic. Look forward to reading up more on the forums.

Posted : 25/09/2007 7:05 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Andrew! Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll get alot of use out of this site. :D

Thanks for serving! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/09/2007 11:30 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hi Andrew,
Welcome to GN, enjoy your stay! Have fun the the "relearning process"; I believe we've all been there at one time or another.

Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 25/09/2007 11:31 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hey Andrew! Welcome aboard. I know the feeling of having to relearn. I let at least 20+ years go by (in a blink of an eye) and had to start from scratch at age 43.

The goos news is, one year later and I am playing to sold out arenas around the world. :roll: Not really, but at least that's how it goes in my dreams. Looking forward to seeing you here on GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 25/09/2007 4:14 pm
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member

Welcome Andrew! At least I doubt you're worrying about impending winter snowfalls on Guam. :)

Enjoy relearning the guitar - we're all on the same journey.

David

Posted : 25/09/2007 5:05 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Andrew! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/09/2007 11:31 pm
(@andrewus)
Topic starter

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

As far as snowfall in Guam, I actually truly miss seasons. We have 2 seasons, wet and wetter. They call the wet season the dry season, it only rains once a day or so. The wetter season rains all the time.

Great diving and hiking here though.

Posted : 26/09/2007 1:02 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:40 pm