Clear all

Hello from Kansas!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@tornadoalley)
Topic starter

Hello all!

I've been lurking around this sight now for a few months and finally got around to making an account. I'm married with no kids (yet!), two dogs, and work as a night-shift Medical Laboratory Scientist at a local hospital, so I usually will be on the site when I'm bored at work. :D I'm new to the guitar with less than a year under my belt, but since it's an artistic outlet/stress reliever, any progress I make is fine with me. I own a beautiful, black ESP LTD EC-300, and am in the market for an acoustic so I can play lullabies to my future children. Anywho, that's me; feel free to contact me, if you'd like. It's great to finally be a member of this awesome community!

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right..." - Stewie Griffin

Posted : 30/11/2009 5:49 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/11/2009 10:55 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise!! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/11/2009 5:07 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Appropriate name, far out avatar! Holy cow, things can get torn up where you're at!

Maybe the Wizard of Oz will help settle things down, and welcome to the GN, buddy. :D

Sounds like an intersting job too, and for those future kids, a baby or big baby Taylor! :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 06/12/2009 4:50 pm
(@tornadoalley)
Topic starter

Thanks guys! :D I'm really glad to be here.

Luckily (if you ask my wife) or unluckily (if you ask me), while I have been within a mile of two different tornadoes, in the span of one month btw, I've never yet seen one with my own eyes. Someday... We don't get many strong systems through my area, they peel off either north or south before they hit us. :?

The job can be interesting at times, boring for the most part because we aren't a level 1 trauma hospital, and frustrating. Frustrating because the profession isn't well known or respected. I have a degree in Clinical Lab Science from a well respected university, went through a rigorous year of clinical training, yet I still get treated like a high school drop out at times.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. And btw, if I'm ever in caps, it's a mistake. Our computer system requires us to use caps, and I may forget to turn it off at some point. :P

Posted : 12/12/2009 6:04 am
(@mayerfan70)

Hello Kansas! Hello from las vegas! I am a kansas native, and I also finally signed up. I guess I replied to your post because I am feelin' a little homesick! Good luck with your guitar, and I hope you wish me good luck with mine. keep rockin', and those babies will soon follow!

Posted : 14/12/2009 8:42 am
(@tornadoalley)
Topic starter

Yeah? What part of Kansas? I was in LV not too long ago (September). It's a different kind of heat out there, isn't it? Totally dry; and it dries you out quick. We only found one public drinking fountain in the Strip, in the Venetian. Was kinda frustrating. You do anything interesting for work out there?

Posted : 14/12/2009 11:44 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!
from nearby in mizzou

#4491....

Posted : 15/12/2009 4:06 pm