Hello from Scotland

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone
Just joined - and I really like what I've seen so far. I'm an acoustic guitar teacher currently living and working in Lanarkshire, Scotland. My main musical interests are folk/ Celtic fingerstyle arrangements and music theory.
This place seems to be full of knowledgeable and friendly guitarists representing every type of guitar music the world has ever seen.
So I'm looking forward to learning new styles and techniques, and in return I hope I can pass on some of my knowledge and experience to anyone who may find it useful.

Posted : 26/05/2006 4:01 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey FS, glad you joined us. I've been dabbling in folk/celtic fingerstyle lately and having a blast with it. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 26/05/2006 4:11 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Welcome! There's definitely a few of us around here who are into Celtic-style guitar. Also, Doug Sparling has posted some excellent Celtic-oriented work on the home page, and there was a recent thread linking to Rob MacKillop's wonderful Scottish Guitar book and MP3s.

I look forward to your posts here.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 26/05/2006 4:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Fretsource! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 26/05/2006 7:32 pm
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Welcome - love that name of yours!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 26/05/2006 8:20 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Welcome! I'm actually starting to get into celtic stuff right now. I'm 1/2 irish 1/8th scotish 1/8th english and the rest is german. So, I've got my roots. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 26/05/2006 8:36 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/05/2006 3:00 am
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I feel right at home already :D

Posted : 27/05/2006 11:43 am