Clear all

Hello from the Jersey Shore

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Allow myself to introduce um, myself. Long time lurker, who really enjoys this site and the folks who post here. I've learned so much from this site, from David Hodge's articles and "easy songs" stuff to many of the threads on this forum. This is a great site, and I tell anyone and everyone about it.

I live in Monmouth County, NJ, and am an "advanced beginner" player. Maybe I could be considered intermediate, depending on the day. :)

Cheers !

Posted : 17/03/2010 9:18 am
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Howdy, and welcome. I'm also in Monmouth County NJ, about 7 miles from Long Branch, a favorite summer haunt of mine, and about the same distance from Red Bank another favorite musical haunt. I have two guitars (electric & acoustic), books, cds and dvds from Jacks' Music Shoppe, and my 12-string from Monmouth Music (I got my bass from Rondo Music). I took 8 months of lessons at The Musician's Studio, and 6 months at Freehold Music Center, but after two years I still kind of suck, only for not practicing enough.

This is a really great site. Much to learn, no attitudes, but just enough silliness at times. :D

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

Posted : 17/03/2010 1:27 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

We have another happy coincidence above! Welcome to the gang! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 17/03/2010 2:20 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcomes!

Minotaur, I live in Monmouth Beach, right by Long Branch. I've been to Jack's and Monmouth Music plenty of times, maybe saw you in there once or twice, who knows. :) If you want to jam some day, let me know (PM me). My regular jam partner had to leave for a year for work, and man do I miss it.

Posted : 17/03/2010 2:58 pm
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Ha! 'Tis a small world! I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen each other. A jam some day would be fun. :note2:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

Posted : 17/03/2010 3:04 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Glad you decided to come out of the shadows! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/03/2010 10:31 am